DENHAMS
Made by Andrea Micheloni a day in the life: Reasons I hate wallpaper

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Reasons I hate wallpaper

I am just hating wallpaper today. This stuff is the devil (channeling Kathy Bates from the Waterboy here)! I know there are times when paper is the best wallcovering... no, it's never good. If your walls are in that bad of shape, replace the drywall!
So here is my list of why wallpaper is the spawn of Satan:

1) it is difficult to remove!

2) Almost all of it is ugly. Other people don't like your taste and you won't like a garish print in 2 years.. mark my words.

3) it hides things that shouldn't be hidden. For example... mold, mildew, water leaks, holes in walls.

4) it is difficult to hang properly and only a professional does it right. Sadly, it is usually NOT professionals hanging the stuff.

I am done with the wallpaper rant. I love paint. Paint is the best!! Okay, so I am almost finished removing the wallpaper in the downstairs bath. Bill replaced the damaged studs and we are almost ready to drywall and put the shower back in. I found another leak last night though so now we have another thing to fix. I hate that. Nothing ever goes fast and under budget.

In other news, we have gotten 2 inches of beautiful snow today and Ashlyn made her first snowman (with my help.) The boys did great at their karate tournament on Saturday- Noel took first place in Kata and Kelley got 2nd place in Kata and Kumite. Go Denham Boys!! Tomorrow Bill has another orientation for sub teaching and has tons of work to do to get his loan business going here, and Ashlyn has dance class at January's.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home