DENHAMS
Made by Andrea Micheloni a day in the life: Ashlyn is 5

Sunday, April 06, 2008

Ashlyn is 5

Ashlyn recently turned 5! I can't believe my baby is almost a Kindergartner. It seems like just yesterday I was picking out her nursery. What a wonderful and scary adventure it is to have a daughter. All of the fears that you buried deep inside come bubbling up as this little woman attempts to make her own way in the world. We are well into the 21st century but is the world truly a better place for our daughters than it was for us? No easy answers to that question-

Every day Ashlyn graces us with her excitement for life, her spunky "I can do it myself!" attitude, and her inner and outer beauty. She had a fun party with her brothers, her neighborhood friends, and family. (I made the super cool Cupcake shaped cake myself! I was so proud LOL)
She was so happy and pleased with the whole thing and that is all I need to be a happy Mommy! Here are some pics from her special day.





5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

She is SOOO cute Elizabeth!! I loved that cake, it was adorable.

hugs
mary

4/06/2008 11:58 PM  
Blogger Kerri said...

Wonderful cake, and holy cow, her expressions are priceless.

4/07/2008 12:28 AM  
Blogger Shannon said...

Super cute! Love the cake too.

4/07/2008 1:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't get over how totally cute she is, Elizabeth! Great job on the cake--that turned out fantastic!
Kim

4/07/2008 3:47 PM  
Blogger Tracy said...

What an absolutely adorable cake!!! I wish you could send them to Idaho for my kids birthdays! Ashlyn is one of the cutest 5 year olds ever - I love her shirt too. Great job, mom!

4/08/2008 5:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home